This is a weekend ride tailored for gravity and enduro riders which includes shuttles up the mountain and descents on exciting and versatile trails. We will explore the numerous routes of the Balkan mountains in Zlatitsa and Beklemeto areas; enjoy the great mountain views; and relax our bodies in hot thermal pools.
- Day 1
- After a scenic drive in the foothills of the Balkan mountains we are ready to get on the bikes. First, we explore the Zlatitsa downhill course, with its vast meadows and panoramic views at the top; versatile pine forest trail lines in the middle; and steep rock sections at the bottom of the course. After lunch we will ride a few more trails in the area and then drive to Troyan pass (1500m) where we will do our last ride for the day, which includes a tricky single track at the beginning and then a flowy double track all the way down to the Chiflik spa resort. Hot thermal pools and tasty local food specialties await us there.
- Day 2
- We start with a drive up to the top of the mountain again for a few more descents on both sides of the Balkan mountain range. The rides include some pedalling on the main mountain ridge, with beautiful panoramic views, and descent on technical trails and single tracks with a vertical drop of about 1000m each. If we have enough time and energy we can finish the day riding several short trails above Troyan town, built by locals and used in a local mini DH race. Drive back to Sofia.
- Dates any day within tour's best period
- Included accommodation in double room with private facilities, Half Board (1 dinner and 1 breakfast included), mountain bike guide, transportation and shuttle rides, technical support
- Single room supplement 20 EUR
- Group size min. 2 pers., available for one person also
- Best period June - October
- Skill/fitness level intermediate - advanced / 3-5