This trip will take you south of Sofia to Blagoevgrad – famous for its local brewery and vivid student life.The city is spread in the lower hills of the highest mountain in the Balkan peninsula -Rila. This destination is most suitable for spring, fall and winter riding as temperatures get quite high in the summer. We use the lower slopes of Rila Mountain and do 4 or 5 different trails using both our van and pedaling for climbing up the hills. The tracks offer a good combination of natural elements and man made features with a variety of flowy berms, technical switchbacks, rock gardens, jumps and drops, all this combined with the good soil that never gets muddy. These features make Blagoevgrad one of our favourite places to ride.One interesting fact is that these trails are used for one of the best enduro races in Bulgaria, so you will have a great chance to ride an exciting and challenging enduro playground.
- Day 1
- Pick up from your hotel/address and drive (1,30hr) to Blagoevgrad, south of Sofia. On arrival, we do a short visit to the local bike shop tomeet and greet the locals. We then bike up the mountain for the first trail. For the next three trails we can use uplift assistance with the van. We have lunch in a local restaurant by the river. There is an option for a visit of the Rila monastery- the biggest and most famous in Bulgaria, combined with a short ride in the area. Transfer back to Sofia.
- Dates any day within tour's best period
- Included Mountain bike guide, transportation and shuttles, technical support
- Group size 2-8 pers, available for 1 person also
- Best period March - December
- Skill/fitness level intermediate-adanced / 2-4