This trip is specially designed for the gravity oriented riders who live to ride down on rugged and versatile terrain. We will take you to the best regions for downhill and freeride in Bulgaria and show you the sweetest tracks and fast lines. You will test some of the best downhill courses in Borovets and Pamporovo bike parks,which are being used for our national championships. You will also test your skills on long natural and challenging singletracks, all set in the beautiful scenery of Vitosha, Rila and Rodopi mountains. Along with all the fine riding you will have the chance to feel the spirit ofBulgaria’s culture and traditions, taste delicious meals and enjoy the night life of Sofia.
- Day 1
- Arrival in Sofia. Transfer to the city center for accommodation. Info meeting. Bike set up.
- Day 2
- Today we ride some of the best downhill tracks in Vitosha. We will use either a minivan or chair lift for going up. There are three main DH tracks which are used for races and are kept in good condition by the locals. The terrain is demanding and includes lots of roots, long rock gardens, drops and jumps. For the evening, we have a night walk in Sofia and visit interesting clubs and bars.
- Day 3
- The second day of riding will start with a few more downhill runs in Vitoshamountain and finish off with an epic descent from the highest peak of the mountain - Black peak at 2290m. The rides this day will include mostly natural singletracks. We use some shared hiking trails, as well as purpose built mountain bike trails. Once again, the evening will be reserved for social activity.
- Day 4
- Early morning transfer brings us to Pamporovo Bike Park, settled in the vast coniferous kingdom of Rodopi mountains. Here we spend two nights and enjoy riding on the exciting and versatile tracks of the park - The Flow, Malinata, The Wall, 4 Cross track and more. The soil here is very special- lots of loam when dry but still tacky and not so muddy when it gets wet. The trails are very fast and open with lots of fun lines and interesting features.
- Day 5
- Apart from the official bike park tracks, on this day we also ride some trails on the southern slopes of the mountain. These tracks are being used for the annual enduro race here. They offer versatile terrain which includes switchbacks, rock gardens, tight and steep technical singletracks and more. The rides end in the biggest city in the area - Smolyan, from where we will do shuttles back to Pamporovo resort.
- Day 6
- We start with a transfer to Borovets bike park in the highest Bulgarian mountain Rila. Here we spend the next 2 days. We will ride all the bike park tracks - Need for speed, Harry Poter, Scary movie and more, all with different difficulty levels and average descent per ride - 400m. The downhill courses include plenty or roots and rocks, combined with jumps, drops, table tops, small north shores and berms.
- Day 7
- The day starts with some more riding on the trails of Borovets mountain bike park, repeating your favourite ones and doing some photo sessions. Later we can take the lift up to 2400m and do a big mountain ride, descending on a technical natural singletracks from 2500m down to Borovets resort at 1300m. Party farewell night in a local bar.
- Day 8
- Transfer to Sofia airport for departure.
- Dates any day within the tour's best period
- Included 7 nights in family hotels and guesthouses with en suite facilities on HB, all ground transportation, lift passes for Pamporovo and Borovets bike parks, mechanical support for the bikes, professional English speaking mountain bike guide and driver
- Single room supplement € 100
- Group size min. 4 persons (ask for quote for smaller groups)
- Best period 15 June - 15 September
- Skill/fitness level advanced - expert / 3-5