On this trip we will take you to some of the best all-mountain, enduro trails near Sofia. The slopes of the Balkan mountains, north of Sofia, have been a favourite riding spot of ours for many years now. The terrain offers high variety of elements – from flowy sections with fast natural berms and jumps, to steep and rocky lines with tight switchbacks and loose gravel. In other words, there is something for everyone! We will do two or three special trails and will earn each descent by pedalling up the mountain – just like the principles of enduro racing. Of course, we will not be pacing ourselves against the clock. We’ll be taking our time to enjoy the ride, and maybe repeat some of the more interesting sections and shoot a few good photos of you in action. The trails are mainly single tracks with some wider freeride sections that have different lines. We will use three adjacent villages for start/end point of the trail, travel by van to get to them and have some rest time for drinks and snacks in between the rides.
- Day 1
- Pick up from your hotel/address and drive to the southern slopes of SofijskaStaraPlanina (Balkan mountains). Depending on the riders’ skills and wishes we can do 2 or 3 different rides starting from a different village. We can use the van and do short shuttles half the way up to save some energy.
- Dates any day
- Included Mountain bike guidance, transportation and shuttles, snack/lunch, mountain insurance
- Group size min. 2 pers, available for one person also
- Best period March - December (available in winter season)
- Skill/fitness level intermediate - advanced / 2-4