This weekend ride is specially designed for the enduro and gravity-oriented bikers. It will take you to the best trails of Borovets Mountain Bike Park and some of the long natural single tracksof Rila, with vertical drop of about 1000m each. Our place for the night is Sapareva Bania spa resort, famous for its numerous hot springs, one of which is the hottest one in Europe at 101 C’.
- Day 1
- We start with one hour transfer to the oldest Bulgarian mountain and ski resort Borovets which is the host to one of the best downhill mountain bike races in the country. We will use the chair lift and try out all of the trails in the bike park. Our last ride for the day will be a blast with about 1200m vertical drop. We will use the gondola up to 2400m, pedal and push the bikes a bit, enjoy the view of 3 glacier lakes, and start a thrilling descenton a rocky single track in a kingdom of dwarf pines. Following that, we will go lower and get to a fast spruce forest trail that will take us down to Borovets. We get on the van and drive for about 40 min to Sapareva Bania village where we can relax our bodies in the thermal pools and then have a delicious dinner in a local restaurant.
- Day 2
- Today we play rougher. We drive up a winding mountain road and then start hiking carrying/pushing the bikes for about an hour to get to the sub alpine zone and an open single track through juniper bushes. We climb up to a peak of 2300m where we start descending. The first part requires going down the peak in a freeride style among the grass and rocks, then we get to a single track that passes through meadows, rocky forest sections and sandstone trails at the end. We will have a view to stop and admire - a beautiful cascade of three waterfalls in the distance. We stop for lunch in town. We have the option to do a few other short natural singletracks in the forest or relax in and around the mineral pools.Drive back to Sofia.
- Dates any day within the tour's best period
- Included accommodation in double room with private facilities, Half Board (1 breakfast and 1 dinner included), mountain bike guide, lift pass for Borovets, transportation and shuttle rides, technical support
- Single room supplement 15 EUR
- Group size min. 2 pers., available for one person also
- Best period July - October
- Skill/fitness level advanced - expert / 3-5